The Sentient Furniture Scholarship For Creatives
SENTIENT Furniture strives to infuse artistic ideas and thoughts into our work. We are passionate about original concepts and creative thinking.
To be able to come up with original ideas and communicate them to a wider audience is important in any industry and is a crucial component in inspiring new advances for the future.
We have the aim of promoting creative-minded students who will soon be using their much-needed skills in their chosen industry by offering a financial step-up in their studies. To win the scholarship, applicants will need to explore how they’ve used their creative talents to achieve at their college or university.
Scholarship Amount: $1000
The scholarship funds provided by SENTIENT Furniture will be sent via check to the college or university. Funds are to be applied to qualified college expenses (including tuition, fees, books, and on-campus room and board) for the current academic year.
All applications must be submitted using the form by February 28, 2020.
The winner and their financial aid office will be contacted within a week after the deadline date.
- All applicants must be enrolled, or due to be enrolled, as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited US college or university for the semester that they are applying to receive the scholarship.
- Applicants are required to have a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Applicants are not required to have a specific Major.
- Domestic, international, and undocumented students may apply.
- Students attending online universities are welcome to apply.
- Applicants must have the ability to communicate original and creative thinking in their essays.
Please write an 800-1,000-word essay exploring the following:
How you have used your creative talents to achieve at your college or university so far?
The winning candidate will be selected by SENTIENT Furniture and we will take into consideration:
- The structure of your essay
- Spelling and grammar mistakes
- Ability to communicate with your audience
- Tone and originality
All submitted essay material must be the original work of the applicant. Only one submission may be entered per student, per year. Duplicate entries will be disqualified. All scholarships are non-renewable. By submitting an application to The SENTIENT Furniture Scholarship For Creatives, you certify that all the information you have provided is original, accurate, and complete.
You will retain the rights to your essay.
Please submit proof of enrollment or an acceptance letter in an accredited learning institution. We will accept a recent transcript, acceptance letter, or tuition bill. Please note: if you are in the process of applying for colleges and universities, please indicate your current school and submit a document with the schools you have currently applied to. If you are selected for the scholarship, we will ask you to provide proof of enrollment for your college or university at that time
Please submit your application to our Scholarship Form.
If you are an applicant, university or college and would like to enquire about our scholarship please contact our Scholarship Manager, Layla Travis, at email@example.com.
- No applicants will be contacted regarding anything other than their application.
- All information (proof of enrollment, essays, and email) relating to applicants is destroyed as soon as a winner is paid.
- Applicants will not be asked to provide any sensitive information for their application or to claim their award if they are to win the scholarship.
- There is no fee to apply to this scholarship or for the winning applicant to claim their award.
The 2020 Scholarship Winner:
Colorado State University
February 28, 2020
The Sentient Furniture team is pleased to announce Parker Albin as the winner of The 2020 Sentient Furniture Scholarship for $1,000. Parker, who attends Colorado State University, was selected from a pool of 115 candidates. Candidates had to craft and submit an essay detailing how they have used their creative talents to achieve at their college or university thus far.